Three weeks ago I received an email for a casting call for Bobby Brown.
I was very excited and immediately responded to the email confirming that I will attend.
“This is my chance” I thought to myself.
“I can do this…”
The day of the casting call arrived and I knew I had to plan my day accordingly. I worked that day so I had to plan on doing everything during my lunch break.
And I did 🙂
However, let me explain what went down during that short period of time.
I ran to the location where the casting call was taking place. Luckily, it was not too far from where I was working. When I arrived, I noticed an asian girl taking pictures. This girl was drop dead gorgeous and very professional.
I walked away. Okay, I almost ran away.
I texted my husband the following (in Spanish):
“I am here but I can’t go inside. I saw the others and they look SO PROFESSIONAL. Oh no. I’m not cut out for this. I am leaving.”
He did not answer so I was left in a NYC street corner comforting myself.
“Get your a** back there Mariel! Yes you can do this. Do it. Do it. Do it.”
So I did. I went back in and stood in front of the camera. I did a few poses and then I was done. And that was it. I’ll admit it though, I did bad. I was not good in front of the camera at all.
And I never got a call back which is not surprising.
You might be thinking one of two things:
a) Why the heck is she sharing this embarrassing story on the internet?
b) I know where this is going… follow your dreams, if you fail try again, blah blah blah…
Well guys… B IS CORRECT!
There are countless amazing people out there who have done incredible things because they never gave up.
And I am actually very proud of myself for at least trying.
So I will leave you with 7 of my all time favorite motivational quotes by Les Brown:
- “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.”
- “If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness.”
- “Be willing to go all out, in pursuit of your dream. Ultimately it will pay off. You are more powerful than you think you are. Go for it.”
- “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.”
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
- “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.”
- “Our ability to handle life’s challenges is a measure of our strength of character.”
Please never give up on your dreams.
a loving mama